- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a medium bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, sugar, vanilla extract, and orange juice. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the instant pudding mix and cold milk until smooth. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture until well combined.
- In a trifle dish or large glass bowl, layer the angel food cake pieces, strawberry mixture, and pudding mixture, repeating until all ingredients are used up.
- Chill the trifle in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
This Strawberry Shortcake Trifle is a refreshing and indulgent dessert that is perfect for spring and summer. It’s also easy to make and can be assembled ahead of time, making it a great option for entertaining. Enjoy!