- 1 Ribeye steak, 1 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 sprigs of thyme (optional)
- Remove the Ribeye steak from the refrigerator and allow it to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together minced garlic, olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the mixture all over the steak.
- Once the skillet is hot, add the steak to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on one side, without moving it.
- Flip the steak over and add butter and thyme to the skillet. Use a spoon to baste the steak with the melted butter.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the steak is cooked to your desired doneness.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Slice the steak against the grain and serve with your favorite sides.
Enjoy your delicious Ribeye Steak!