- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 pound of thinly sliced steak (such as ribeye or sirloin)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced onions and mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until they’re softened and browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced steak to the skillet and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir until the steak is fully coated.
- Spoon the steak mixture into the bell peppers, filling them about 3/4 of the way full.
- Top each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the peppers are tender.
- Remove the stuffed peppers from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your delicious Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers!