- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus more for rolling cookies in
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture, mixing until a dough forms.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for 5 minutes.
- Roll the warm cookies in additional powdered sugar until they are coated.
- Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cool, roll the cookies in powdered sugar again to fully coat them.
- Serve and enjoy!
These Pecan Snowball Cookies are perfect for the holidays or any time you’re in the mood for a sweet treat. They’re buttery, nutty, and covered in powdered sugar for a delightful texture and flavor.