- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix, as this will result in tough pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or pan over medium-high heat. If you’re using a pan, you can add a little bit of butter or oil to prevent sticking.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the griddle or pan.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adjusting the heat as needed to prevent burning.
- Serve the pancakes warm with your favorite toppings such as butter, maple syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.
Enjoy your delicious and fluffy homemade pancakes!