Mexican Keto Casserole Rounds are a delicious and low-carb twist on traditional Mexican flavors. Here’s a recipe to make these tasty rounds:
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (optional, for spice)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream and sliced avocado for serving (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, diced bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper (if using) to the skillet. Sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes until the peppers are slightly tender.
- Push the onion and pepper mixture to one side of the skillet and add the ground beef (or turkey) to the other side. Cook the meat until browned and cooked through, breaking it up with a spoon or spatula as it cooks.
- Once the meat is cooked, combine it with the onion and pepper mixture in the skillet. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, paprika, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well to evenly distribute the spices.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and chicken broth (or water). Stir to combine and let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Remove from heat.
- Grease a baking dish or line it with parchment paper. Using a cookie cutter or a round mold, cut circles from low-carb tortillas or slice them into rounds with a knife.
- Arrange the tortilla rounds in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish. Spoon a generous amount of the meat mixture onto each round, spreading it evenly.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the meat on each round. Top with sliced black olives.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve the Mexican Keto Casserole Rounds hot, optionally topped with sour cream and sliced avocado.
Enjoy your flavorful and keto-friendly Mexican Casserole Rounds!