- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the Italian sausage over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the heavy cream.
- Add the chopped kale, red pepper flakes, and cooked Italian sausage to the pot.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the kale is tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Note: You can use any type of Italian sausage you prefer, such as sweet, spicy, or mild. Also, for a thicker soup, you can use less chicken broth and more heavy cream.