- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, sliced avocado
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the chicken to the pot and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside on a plate.
- In the same pot, add the sliced bell peppers and onion, and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the garlic and taco seasoning to the pot, and stir until fragrant.
- Pour the chicken broth and diced tomatoes into the pot, and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the pot and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro and lime juice, and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Chicken Fajita Soup hot, with optional toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and sliced avocado.
Enjoy your delicious and low-carb Chicken Fajita Soup!