- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the Lemon Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray or butter, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer or a whisk. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the blueberries gently with a spatula, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the surface with a spatula. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the lemon glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled bread and let it set for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious Lemon Blueberry Bread!