- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a large pot, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the broken lasagna noodles to the pot and continue to simmer until the noodles are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the shredded mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and chopped fresh basil.
- Serve the soup hot and enjoy!
Note: You can also add in other vegetables such as sliced zucchini or diced bell peppers to make this soup even more hearty and nutritious.