Keto Cauliflower Pizza
You will want to make this cauliflower-based pizza recipe over and over again, which you can enrich with the ingredients you want. Here is the Best Cauliflower Pizza recipe ever! Enjoy your meal.
2 lightly beaten eggs
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of rock salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 cup of tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 200 °C. After covering with parchment paper, brush a baking tray with olive oil. You can also use a 33 cm pizza tray and cover the bottom with parchment paper.
Put the cauliflower florets in a food processor and blend until you get a rice-like texture.
Mix eggs, kosher salt, garlic powder, and thyme in a medium mixing bowl. Discard the cauliflower with rice and mix with a rubber spatula.
Transfer the mixture to the center of the prepared baking sheet and push with a spatula into a thin 33 cm circle. Try to spread them all the same thickness and don’t let the edges get too thin or it may burn.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and firm.
Preheat the oven to 175°C. Remove the baking tray from the oven. Spread the tomato sauce on the dough with the help of a spatula. Grate the cheese on top. You can certainly add extra sauces at this stage, but be careful not to add too much if you don’t want the edges to be mushy.
Return the pizza to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and browning in spots.
Remove from the oven and cut into eight slices with a pizza cutter. Serve hot with fresh basil and tomatoes.
What is the Ketogenic Diet?
The ketogenic or keto diet is essentially a low-carb diet. We encourage the body to burn fat. When cells cannot obtain carbohydrate product, that is glucose, as fuel, they become fat burning. Thus, your excess and regional fats in storage can be burned, health benefits appear, and at the same time, it has a performance-enhancing effect.
Adaptation is Important on the Ketogenic Diet, So What Does It Mean?
In order to obtain energy efficiently, cells begin to increase special protein structures, which we call enzymes, upon obtaining the basic fuel from fats. This process takes weeks. For this reason, it is very important to manage the adaptation process correctly in terms of eliminating adaptation difficulties.
The ketogenic diet encourages burning fats instead of carbohydrates. An important indicator that you have achieved this is a biochemical state we call ketosis.
Ketosis is actually a metabolic state that shows that particles we call ketones increase in the blood. Ketones are products released after fat breakdown. Having the right level of ketones is important for adaptation, and ultimately for better health, physical performance and weight loss. At the same time, many studies have revealed its mental performance enhancing effects.
How Does the Ketogenic Diet Work?
- Healthy weight loss
- If you have type 2 diabetes, symptoms may improve. Blood sugar drops, the negative effects of high blood sugar are reduced.
- Increases mental focus. The state of ketosis provides a steady flow of ketones to the brain. Excessive fluctuations in blood sugar are prevented. Elimination of glucose fluctuations and regular ketone flow increase focus and concentration.
- Physical resistance increases. Fats provide high energy both more and longer than canohydrates. Glucose bursts allow for a few hours of exercise, while your fat stores can provide weeks of months of energy. In addition, there is no excessive fatigue after exercise.
- Symptoms and seizures are significantly reduced in patients with epilepsy. It has been accepted as an established medical treatment method since the 1920s.
- blood pressure normalizes,
- Skin acne or pimples are alleviated,
- Reflux and other stomach ailments are reduced,
- Sugar crises are reduced,
- Many studies have shown that the risks of heart attack, cerebral palsy and diabetes, called metabolic syndrome, are reduced.
What Foods Do We Consume on the Ketogenic Diet?
If you are just starting the ketogenic diet or have advanced in the diet, your main food groups should be;
Natural Oils (such as olive oil, butter, cream)
Fish and Seafood (rich in natural oils)
Most vegetables grown above ground (except corn – because they are high in carbohydrates)
I wish you healthy and happy days