For the Dough:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large egg
For the Filling:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Make the Dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Add the melted butter, water, and egg to the bowl and stir until a dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Flatten each ball into a disk shape and use a rolling pin to roll out each disk into a circle about 1/8-inch thick.
- Make the Filling: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and red bell pepper to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the ground beef, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper to the skillet and cook, breaking up the beef with a spoon, until browned and cooked through.
- Stir in the cilantro and remove the skillet from heat.
- Assemble the Empanadas: Place a spoonful of the beef filling on one half of each dough circle, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the filling and press the edges together to seal the empanadas closed.
- Use a fork to crimp the edges of the empanadas.
- Place the empanadas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the empanadas for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the empanadas from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Keto Beef Empanadas!