- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, melted butter, powdered sugar, and salt until well combined.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the melted chocolate into each of the lined muffin cups.
- Use a spoon or your fingers to spread the chocolate up the sides of the liners, making sure to coat the entire liner.
- Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Once the chocolate has set, spoon about 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture into each cup.
- Use a spoon or your fingers to press the peanut butter mixture down, making sure it’s level with the top of the chocolate.
- Spoon the remaining melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture, making sure to cover it completely.
- Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator for another 10-15 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, remove the peanut butter cups from the muffin tin and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Enjoy your homemade peanut butter cups!