- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, and granulated sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until well chilled.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- Serve the orange ice cream topped with additional orange zest or fresh fruit if desired.
Enjoy your homemade orange ice cream!