- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the blackberries, 1/2 cup of white granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Mix well until the blackberries are evenly coated in the sugar mixture.
- Pour the blackberry mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and 1/4 cup of white granulated sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the milk and egg until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until well combined and the dough is formed.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough on top of the blackberry mixture, leaving a little space between each one.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the blackberry mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let the cobbler cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Homemade Blackberry Cobbler!