- 8 oz lo mein noodles
- 1 lb beef sirloin, sliced into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onions, sliced (optional)
- Cook the lo mein noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, and water. Set aside.
- In a large wok or frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the beef and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add the bell peppers and onion and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until they are slightly softened.
- Add the sauce mixture and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cooked noodles and toss until everything is evenly coated with the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
Your homemade beef lo mein is now ready to serve. Enjoy!