- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Slowly add the milk, mixing gently with a wooden spoon until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead lightly for 1-2 minutes until it comes together.
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of 1/2 inch and use a biscuit cutter to cut out rounds. Alternatively, you can use a sharp knife to cut the dough into squares.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving a little space between each one.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm with butter, honey, or your favorite jam.
Enjoy your delicious homemade biscuits, just like Grandma used to make!