- 1 pie crust (pre-made or homemade)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake the pie crust according to the package instructions, or until golden brown.
- While the pie crust is baking, wash and hull the strawberries. Cut any larger berries in half.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the water, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and starts to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes until the mixture becomes translucent and smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Arrange the strawberries in the pie crust, with the cut side facing down.
- Pour the sauce over the strawberries, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 1-2 hours, or until the sauce has set.
- Serve the pie with whipped cream (optional) and enjoy!
This strawberry pie is perfect for summer gatherings and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!