- 1 pound Italian sausage (sweet or spicy, depending on your preference)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Italian sausage and cook until browned on all sides. Transfer the sausage to a cutting board and slice into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Place the sliced sausage, sliced peppers, sliced onion, and minced garlic in a crockpot. Pour the can of diced tomatoes over the top.
- Add the dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to the crockpot. Stir everything together.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, or until the peppers and onions are tender and the sausage is cooked through.
- Serve the sausage and peppers hot with crusty bread, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Crockpot Sausage and Peppers!