For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk and vanilla extract, and mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon to make the cinnamon swirl.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the cinnamon swirl mixture evenly over the cake batter.
- Pour the remaining cake batter on top of the cinnamon swirl mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the cream cheese frosting. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and beat until well combined.
- Once the cake is done baking, let it cool for a few minutes before spreading the cream cheese frosting over the top.
- Serve and enjoy your Cinnamon Bun Cake!
Note: You can also add chopped nuts or raisins to the cinnamon swirl mixture for added texture and flavor.