- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, until everything is well combined.
- In another bowl, toss the fresh cranberries with 1 tablespoon of flour until coated.
- Fold the cranberries into the cake batter, making sure they’re evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, dust it with powdered sugar before serving.
Enjoy your delicious Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake!