- 1 box chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 container whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, for garnish
- Bake the chocolate cake according to package instructions and let it cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut the cake into small cubes.
- Prepare the chocolate pudding mix according to package instructions.
- In a large trifle bowl or serving dish, layer half of the cake cubes on the bottom.
- Spoon half of the chocolate pudding over the cake cubes.
- Spread half of the whipped topping over the pudding layer.
- Drizzle half of the melted chocolate over the whipped topping layer.
- Repeat the layers with the remaining cake cubes, pudding, whipped topping, and melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and chopped nuts over the top of the trifle.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
This recipe is a delicious and easy dessert that’s perfect for special occasions or holiday gatherings. You can also customize the recipe with other toppings like fresh berries or caramel sauce. Serve chilled and enjoy!