- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract to the bowl, and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the boiling water until well combined. The batter will be thin.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the pans and place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cakes are cool, frost and decorate them as desired.
Enjoy your delicious chocolate cake!