- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the sugar to the melted butter and stir until combined.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the eggs to the saucepan one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Sift the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and flour together in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients to the saucepan, stirring constantly until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious chocolate brownie cake!