- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cherries, pitted and pureed (thawed if frozen)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese and unsalted butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar to the bowl, mixing on low speed until the sugar is fully incorporated.
- Add the pureed cherries and vanilla extract to the bowl, and mix until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- If the frosting is too thin, add a little more powdered sugar until it reaches the desired consistency. If it is too thick, add a splash of milk or cream.
- Spread the frosting onto your cake or cupcakes with a knife or offset spatula.
- Store any leftover frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Enjoy your delicious cherry cream cheese frosting on your favorite baked goods!