- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add onions, red bell pepper, and garlic to the pot and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper to the pot and stir to combine.
- Pour in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chicken broth. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and let the soup simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese to the soup and stir until melted.
- Stir in heavy cream and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, or diced avocado if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Cheesy Keto Taco Soup!