For the Brownie Layer:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the sugar and stir to combine. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the saucepan and stir until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, and salt, and stir until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until well combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the brownie batter, and use a knife or spatula to swirl the two layers together.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan, then slice and serve.
Enjoy your delicious cheesecake brownies!