- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 packet (1 oz) taco seasoning
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, avocado, tortilla chips
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the black beans, diced tomatoes (with their juice), green chilies, and taco seasoning.
- Add the beef broth and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the frozen corn to the pot and simmer the soup for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with your desired toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro, avocado, or tortilla chips.
Enjoy your delicious Beef Taco Soup!