- 1 lb beef liver, sliced into thin pieces
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup beef broth
- Rinse the beef liver slices under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, and black pepper.
- Dredge the liver slices in the flour mixture until they are coated on both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onions to the skillet and sauté them for about 5 minutes, or until they are soft and translucent.
- Move the onions to one side of the skillet and add the liver slices to the other side.
- Cook the liver slices for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are browned on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
- Pour the beef broth into the skillet and bring it to a simmer.
- Cover the skillet and let it cook for another 10 minutes, or until the liver is tender and the onions are caramelized.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious Beef Liver and Onions!
Note: You can serve this dish with a side of mashed potatoes and green beans for a complete meal.