- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups peeled and diced apples
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add diced apples, brown sugar, granulated sugar, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Divide the apple mixture evenly among the flour tortillas. Roll up each tortilla and place seam-side down in a baking dish.
- In the same saucepan, bring any remaining sauce to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for about 3 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the rolled-up tortillas.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the enchiladas are heated through and the edges are lightly browned.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Apple Pie Enchiladas!