- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the oats, pecans, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the milk mixture to the oat mixture and stir until everything is well combined.
- Fold in the chopped apples.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the oatmeal is set and golden brown on top.
- Let the oatmeal cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the oatmeal warm with a drizzle of maple syrup or a dollop of whipped cream.
Note: You can also top the oatmeal with additional chopped pecans or a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar if you’d like. This oatmeal can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and reheated in the microwave for a quick and easy breakfast.